As a senior member of the IT Business Development Team within ICT Services, the Business Analyst (Senior Position) will work closely with colleagues to ensure the effective development and exploitation of the University’s enterprise application portfolio in order to achieve the maximum business and strategic benefits to TU Dublin.
Applicants should have experience of, and insights into best practise academic and business processes and procedures, and the development/configuration of management information systems, including business intelligence, data and information architecture design.
The successful candidate will lead the engagement with business and external users to understand and explore business issues towards defining business requirements, and the identification of appropriate solutions.
• Leading the Business Analyst Team, the Senior Business Analyst will work closely with Business owners and key stakeholders to fully understand the business requirement and deliver improvements in business processes and services
• To maintain an overview of the enterprise application portfolio and support the on-going development of the application roadmap
• Develop and document functional specifications, As-is and To-be business process models, data analysis and other project deliverables as required
• Undertake project management as appropriate and ensure successful delivery of project objectives
• Contribute towards the exploitation of existing applications and maximize the use of automated workflows and self-service solutions for student-facing services
• Liaise with application vendors to ensure the University is achieving value for money for externally-sourced services
• Contribute towards the development of user acceptance testing processes, and regression testing
• Ensure system improvements are smoothly transitioned into an operational phase, liaising with ICT Colleagues to ensure supporting documentation and required user training are in place
• Take ownership as appropriate for issue resolution and escalate as required
• Maintain professional and effective relationships with all stakeholders including with academic and administration subject matter experts
• Operate in accordance with IT policies and procedures including those relating to data protection
• Serve on internal and external committees and contribute effectively to same
• Provide senior university management with advice and clear progress reports
• Contribute to the overall mission of the ICT function and collaborate with Colleagues in the development of comprehensive technical strategies
• Develop and maintain appropriate technical documentation and records
• Other appropriate duties as may be assigned.
Administration Accounts Legal