Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Making your next move count
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer Based in Munster to be responsible for maintaining, servicing and repairing Kalmar and third party equipment. In this role you will be providing a good level of customer service through product knowledge and customer interaction.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
● Complete all service, repair, warranty and inspection jobs allocated daily, to a high-quality standard.
● Build strong rapport and relationships with customers, through professional behaviour and a customer-focused mind-set.
● Respond to routine enquiries from customers about the technical aspects of the organisation’s products and services.
● Troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve standard technical problems that arise, ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
● Develop skills and knowledge of the organisation’s products and service.
● Comply with all Legal and company standards, such as code of conduct and H&S practices.
What you will need to succeed:
A strong problem solver, with a customer-focused approach, you have good verbal and written communication skills. You are quality-oriented and experienced in flexibility and adaptability. Ideally, a self-motivated individual able to work as part of a team with enthusiasm and drive, you have:
● Mechanical/Electrical Engineering qualifications.
● Experienced multi-skilled engineering experience with heavy plant / material handling equipment and working with Hydraulic Systems.
● Able to read and follow electrical wiring diagrams.
● Fault find and diagnostics of CANBUS Systems, as well as electrical fault-finding.
● Good IT literacy, numeracy and analytical skills.
● Be well organised with good housekeeping abilities.
● Full clean driving licence.
You will be part of Kalmar!
We believe in our people, as it is our people, who really make the difference. We always work in close collaboration with our customers, deliver on our promises and never walk away, no matter how big the challenge. We succeed because we do it together.
With us, you will have the opportunity to realise your potential and become an important member of our global team:
● Tailored training plan on Safety, Kalmar products, electrical systems and OEM engines and transmissions e.g. Volvo, AGCO, Cummins, ZF, Allison and Dana.
● High spec latest generation fully equipped mobile workshop.
● Employee-specific performance and personal development plan to facilitate progression.
● Competitive package.
● Working for the manufacturer you will have access to full technical and R&D support.
● Future proofing your skills as technology develops.