City Wonders, a rapidly growing and energetic provider of high-quality guided tours, is looking for a specialist Email Marketing Manager to become a key member of our Finance team.
As our Management accountant you will provide business data and analysis to managers within City Wonders to assist in business decision making and control. As a management accountant, you will analyse the company's financial position and provide insight into business performance.
It is vital this person likes to search for the detail and is skilled in “dropping the jargon” when reporting back to the team members, being direct, professional and to the point.
Financial Reporting: Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and variance analysis reports. Ensure accuracy and compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations.
Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with department heads to develop and monitor budgets, forecasts, and financial plans. Provide insights and recommendations to improve cost efficiency and optimize financial performance.
Cost Analysis: Analyze and report on costs, pricing, margins, and profitability by product, service, or project. Identify areas of improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
Management Information: Generate and interpret financial data to provide meaningful insights to management, highlighting key performance indicators (KPIs), trends, and risks. Prepare management reports and presentations to support decision-making processes.
Financial Control: Ensure financial transactions are accurately recorded, documented, and reconciled. Implement and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard company assets and mitigate risks.
Financial Analysis: Conduct financial analysis on business performance, investment opportunities, and capital expenditure. Assess financial viability and provide recommendations for potential business decisions.
Compliance and Audit: Support external audits and regulatory compliance. Ensure adherence to relevant accounting standards, tax regulations, and statutory requirements.
Process Improvement: Continuously review and enhance accounting processes and systems to streamline operations, improve efficiency, and enhance accuracy. Identify automation opportunities and implement relevant tools and technologies.
Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, operations, and senior management, to align financial goals with overall business objectives. Provide financial insights and guidance to non-financial stakeholders.
· Responsibility for the reviewing commercial performance
· Support development and implementation of best financial practices
· Support business planning by providing financial analysis, forecasting, and modelling
· Identify and measure key success drivers
· Assist in establishing, then measuring departmental KPIs
· Provide finance and business support to commercial, sales and operational staff and assist operational business decisions, Commercial negotiations & Project appraisal.
· Support decision making with data and insight
· Responsible for providing accurate and timely finance information
· Assist with production of monthly business performance pack/management reports, including commentary on trends and variants
· Work with non-finance managers to drive the budgeting process
· Contribute to ad hoc financial projects as required as part of the overall finance function
Provide financial expertise to our other support functions HR and IT to maximise the return on our investments
Working with payments manager & other stakeholders to ensure company cost database is accurate and complete
City Wonders Fit
This is a hands on role and the typical qualities of a successful Management Accountant include:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics
· Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices; CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified preferred
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance
· Strong problem solving, analytical, financial modelling, and Excel skills
· Highly IT literate, comfortable operating and learning new systems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
· Good relationship building skills
· Ability to multi-task, work independently, and under pressure
· Proficiency in MS Office – with full proficiency in Excel
· Experience in using Tableau or similar applications
As part of the role, you will have flexible approach to working hours. Your standard working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Both Hybrid and remote options available.