We like to attract smart and motivated people who can demonstrate a commitment to our company and customers.
Our workforce is enhanced by the wide variety of individual personalities, expertise and know-how, who have been with us in most cases for over 15 years and quite a lot have provided over 25 years of service.
The success of our company depends on all of us working together. Open, honest and two-way communications are part of our philosophy.
This spirit of co-operation and partnership is part of the McCarthy Insurance Group culture
Why you should apply for an apprenticeship in a brokerage
As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients.
You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
• You will be working in the Personal Lines Department providing Motor, Home, Van and Farm quotes to our clients.
• You will become proficient in putting a policy on cover, making mid-terrn alterations and processing renewals.
• You will learn the importance of providing good customer service & the benefits of building client relationships.
• You will learn about the general insurance market in Ireland as well as regulations that govern the industry.
We already have apprentices entering the second year of the programme so we know what skills we need in order to mentor you.
Training is vital to our continuous success and we are committed to providing excellent learning and development opportunities to build on your skills and realise your full potential.
Who Should Apply:
• be over 18 years of age
• have good interpersonal & organisational skills.
• be team players who are highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• have excellent customer service skills
• must be focussed, diligent & be committed to work and education needs
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Mature students — if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements
• FETAC Level 5 qualification holders.
• Between 18 and under 23 years — Leaving certificate, minirnum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/lrish with specific requirements on grades/ levels.