Cross Agricultural Engineering Ltd. are currently seeking 1 candidate to join our engineering team. This is a full time position and is based at the Cross factory in Rathangan Co. Kildare.
About the company:
Cross is a leading Engineering company who specialize in the design and manufacturing of farm, biogas, commercial and food processing machinery. We offer a top of the range service as standard to all our customers, this is a result of dedicated planning and design work which will continue with the successful candidate. Currently there are 40 staff working in a state of the art factory. Cross recently expanded the engineering design facility inhouse with a purpose built design centre with dedicated design workstations, each equipped with top spec hardware and a high performance network to match.
About the job:
All machines are manufactured inhouse in the Cross factory, every machine starts in the design centre as a concept to be fleshed out and realized by the engineering team. Your job will be the continued development of the very best machines on the market, to keep Cross at the head of the pack when it comes to performance and reliability. This will involve maintaining cad data and updating workshop drawings as changes are made. Also part of this roll will be the generation of BOMs for purchasing and assembly along with concise assembly instructions. This position also has the capacity to expand with the right candidate into a sourcing and purchasing roll. A successful candidate will have a strong eye for detail and the ability to problem solve, while understanding the key principals of design for manufacture.
Pay will be discussed at interview stage.
· NFQ Level 7 Ordinary bachelor degree Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· CAD Design experience as part of final year project Essential.
· Excellent computer literacy skills (MS Office, file management, Etc.) Additional qualification an advantage.
· Solid works experience Essential.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
. Excellent analytical skills combined with the ability to learn quickly
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of technical writing an advantage (Parts books, User Manuals).
· Must be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
· A skills assessment will be part of the interview process.