Shaw Academy is a leading provider of personalised accredited education at scale on the planet, educating hundreds of thousands of new students every month. Our mission is to deliver great education accessibly and affordably to everyone, everywhere. We are expanding our teams with people who share our vision and enthusiasm to re-skill and up-skill the world and particularly as we look to non-English language speaking countries.
Shaw Academy is seeking a Graduate Web Developer with fluent French who is interested in Technology to educate thousands of French speaking students about our Technology Courses. Courses have already been developed so if you have great English language skills, now is your opportunity to embark on a career in technology education!
The ideal candidate will have interest and understanding of technology and coding and will be inspired by the opportunity to teach Technology and coding skills to students to enable them to pursue careers in the industry.
· Review all the existing course material to ensure understanding of the content
· Translate all content in existing format into the French language – this includes, lessons, quizzes, assignments, summary notes, starter packs
· Ensure all content is developed and delivered exactly how the original version is including PowerPoint animations and transitions
· Record and edit each lesson such that it is an engaging and educational experience for the student
· Providing support by creating French language FAQs/ support materials
· Support our Communications team through the translation of key student communications
What you’ll bring to the team:
· French speaker with Fluent English skills
· Technical understanding skills and background
· Fundamentals in computer programming, data structure & algorithms.
· Knowledge and exposure through study or experience of any of the following is extremely beneficial:
system design & architecture patterns
AWS services like S3, Cloudfront,
General Educator skills:
· PowerPoint skills
· Engaging personality which will enable you to deliver engaging content (training or education experience is an advantage but not mandatory)
· Understanding of learning outcomes and comfortable with speaking to audiences
· Student (customer) focus
· High energy, passion and the ability to take initiative, as it is needed and student feedback to drive enhancements of your lessons
What we’ll provide:
· Monthly bonus structure.
· Our full range of award-winning educational courses –
· A fun and exciting work environment.
· A once in a lifetime opportunity to change the world of education forever by joining our rapidly expanding technology-based firm with a foundation of real talent, and work with real innovators whilst achieving your own goals.
Performance Bonus, Paid Holidays