Due to continued expansion we have an opportunity for a Senior Estimator to join our professional team.
• Compose and send out requests for quotation for the supply of material and subcontract packages.
• Production of Bill of Quantities to capture measure of required Scope of Work.
• Measurement of quantities from drawings, schedules and works information.
• Review of works information provided to correctly identify Scope of Work.
• Identify technical queries to be raised with client during tender period.
• Review of received quotes for technical compliance and cost comparison to ensure most cost effective technically compliant quote is used.
• Identify and cost any potential value engineering options – deviations from scope which may offer cost savings to the project.
Liaise with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers.
Preparation of sub-contractor and supplier enquiries and contract documents.
• Liaise with engineering to correctly understand Scope of work and to size cables, produce SLD’s etc.
• Review construction dates to identify any savings to programme.
• Review with construction team to correctly identify project management requirements.
• Update project programmes to meet additional client requirements.
• Organise and handover secured projects.
• Participate in pre and post bid meetings as required.
• Mentoring and training of Junior Estimators.
• Monthly Preparation of Commercial reports for presentation to Senior Management
Relevant third level degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
Minimum 5 Years’ Experience in a similar role with HV contractor
Computer literacy with high level of proficiency in Excel
Working knowledge of SharePoint highly beneficial
International exposure essential
People management skills
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Team player who demonstrates high level of initiative
Strong attention to detail
Ability to exceed and meet targets and strict deadlines
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the contracting industry with particular focus on international projects.