Entrust is a well-established planning and environmental consultancy since 2008, specialising in infrastructure, renewable energy and wireless telecommunications. We now operate across the UK and Ireland from our offices in Liverpool and Galway.
Our Galway office has a requirement for a Full Time Town Planner with a view to commencing on the 25th October 2021.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious candidate to have a wide-ranging role within the company. As we are a growing team, this position offers an opportunity to grow your career rapidly in the coming years.
Amongst many other tasks, the successful candidate will primarily assist our Senior Planner with planning applications in the telecommunications and renewable energy sector.
Qualifications and skills required include:
· relevant post-graduate private/public sector experience;
· a good working knowledge of the Irish planning system;
· relevant experience – candidates with UK experience will also be considered for the role;
· a recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification;
· meticulous attention to detail and excellent report writing skills;
· strong project management skills;
· excellent presentation and communications skills;
· good analytical skills and IT competency;
· being highly motivated and ambitious in fast paced working environment;
· an ability to multi-task different projects and work activities;
· an ability to work well with others internally and externally;
· a full Driving License and ownership of a car.
Key Responsibilities include;
· assisting on planning applications;
· undertaking background research, desk studies, site visits and preparing planning reports;
· working collaboratively with clients, colleagues and external consultants;
· reviewing planning policy and making recommendations to clients and colleagues;
· liaising with Planning Authorities and other statutory bodies;
· attending meetings with clients, project teams and other stakeholders.