Return to Job Search
Kilmacthomas, Waterford
  • Permanent / Full-time
Apply Now

Van Driver, Inflatable [Bouncy Castle] Setup/Collection & General Event Support

Job Summary:

First Class Castles is currently looking for a friendly, motivated and hardworking team player to fill the position of Delivery Driver and Inflatable Installer/Collector. First Class Castles is a Waterford based Inflatable & Games Hire company providing a range of inflatables and games to customers in Waterford City, County and surrounding areas.

The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of inflatables to predetermined customers on specific routes, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading vans and providing exceptional customer service to our customers. We will provide training to the right person who can demonstrate motivation and a willingness to learn. If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge at a growing company, we encourage you to apply today.

The position will be based in Kilmacthomas in County Waterford. Successful applicants will be delivering and collecting inflatables in Waterford City, County and surrounding areas.

For the right candidate, there will be an opportunity to progress within the company and work with Momentum Events [Corporate Event side of First Class Castles] on event installation, production, operation and breakdown.

We have long-term work available for the right candidate in a variety of positions within the event industry.

Responsibilities and Duties:

* General warehouse duties such as organising, storing away, tidying and providing assistance to the store manager as they require.
* Preparing equipment for upcoming orders such as cleaning/washing and checking that equipment is in working order prior to dispatch.
* Identify damaged, lost or missing equipment and notify warehouse manager.
* Treat equipment with care and concern at all time.
* Operate forklift or other hand truck.
* Loading Vans as per delivery routes.
* Driving vans, deliver and erect inflatables to customers on assigned routes.
* Maintain ongoing communication with store manager/route dispatcher.
* Communicating with customers upon arrival to their property and inform them to the terms of use to using inflatables and obtain delivery confirmations from each customer.
* Adhere to quality and customer service standards set out by the company.
* Take-down, roll up and collect inflatables from customers property on assigned routes.
* Unload equipment from vans and store away in warehouse as per company guidelines.
* Ensue vehicle is kept in a clean and presentable manner.

General Job Information:

The successful candidate must be able to follow directions closely and will report to the warehouse manager. The candidate will work alongside another employee of the same role and work within a tight and motivated team on a daily basis.

30% of the role will be based in our warehouse and the other 70% will be based delivering inflatables/event equipment to customers/events.

This position will involve weekend work, however, we are flexible in terms of working days. Candidates will work in general, 39 hours per week and there will be scope for additional working hours for the right candidate. Generally working hours are from 8am – 5pm mid-week and 7am – 1pm or 5pm to 10pm at weekends.

Competitive rates of pay.

Position available immediately.

Closing date for applications is May 14th, 2021.

Key Requirements:

* Good attention to detail and focus on every job.
* Possess a high regard for safety in the workplace.
* Current forklift certification a plus but not essential.
* Previous warehouse experience preferred but not essential.
* Ability to work on feet and carry objects weighing up to 35kg.
* This is a physical position and any potential candidate would need to be physically fit/active.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Must possess a positive and professional attitude and be presentable.
* Experience as Delivery Driver is preferred but not essential.
* Clean driving license.
* Applicants must be 25 years of age or over.

Apply for Van Driver Job

No CV attached
Attach A New CV


You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.