Post: Research Assistant B for Drive 0 Research Project – Dublin Sch. of Architecture (Fixed-term specified purpose part-time basis for up to 2 years) (Reference: 332/2020)
Location: Currently located in TU Dublin Bolton Street Campus, Dublin 1.
Hours of Work: A 39-hour working week is in operation, however role is 15-hour per week.
Salary: The post will be remunerated on;
Point (01) of the Research Assistant B salary scale i.e. €30,242 gross per annum (pro-rata).
Closing Date: 2nd February 2021 at 5.00 p.m. (Irish time). Late applications will not be accepted.
It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place the week commencing 8th March 2021. The interview assessment will be 45 minutes in length and will include a presentation of seven minutes duration. The topic of this presentation will be as follows:
‘’Buildings cannot be considered sustainable until they are designed, built and re-used in a significantly more circular way, including the sourcing and manufacturing of their materials & components’’.
For further information and to make an online application for the above post please visit http://www.tudublin.ie/vacancies
Technological University Dublin is an equal opportunities employer
The successful candidate will be awarded a part-time, two-year contract to carry-out research on tasks with relevant work packages and related tasks in support of the Drive 0 Research Project. The successful candidate will work directly under the Principal Investigator.
The research assistant would be expected to contribute significantly to the following tasks:
• Examine & assess the circularity of the manufacturing process;
• Examine & assess the circularity of buildings and construction;
• Investigate potential for improved circularisation of the above;
• Evaluate and assess environmental performances of material, constructions and assemblies (for example LCA);
• Collate and analyse diverse range of data (including building monitoring);
• Undertake supportive literature reviews;
• Present findings, including data;
• Contribute to writing reports, papers, dissemination and training.
The research assistant would be expected to contribute to a lesser degree to the following tasks:
• Contribute to a deep energy retrofit case study design development and solutions;
• Support and contribute to energy and thermal assessment.
• Contribute to the research design, both desk-based and field studies, in relation to the project.
• Conduct research, both desk-based and field studies, in consultation with the Principal Investigator.
• Record, analyse and write up the results of the research.
• Prepare and present findings of research activity to colleagues for review purposes.
• Help prepare progress reports on research.
• Contribute to the overall activities of the research team and department as required.
Construction Trades Civils